Monday, April 2, 2012

Laura and the Mink

A few weeks ago Laura and Kelsey called me screaming on the phone that some critter was in her window well. I could not tell what was going on with all the screaming so I just hung up and chalked it up to "Girls goofing off". A few hours later I came home to find them in the front yard with flashlights looking at something. I went into the house to find that she had found a picture of a Mink on the internet and was positive that was what we had. Upon investigation I found it in the bushes in the front of the house. We have a mink farm a few miles north of us and I am guessing it was an escapee. I shot it with a BB gun and was surprised that I killed it. But it was only 5 feet away. I am having it tanned so Laura can be reminded of the big mean wild ferocious animal that was in her window well.

No comments: